As the desire to travel continues to gain momentum among Malaysians, our neighbouring country Thailand is increasingly becoming a destination of much interest in the region, particularly as it once again moves to make entry requirements relatively accommodating to travelers from our part of the world. For soon-to-be-weds hoping to get hitched towards the later part of the year, it certainly is enticing to perhaps consider a destination wedding or honeymoon at one of the many destinations in Thailand where direct flights are possible from major airports in our country.
Some suggestions :
- Do some research on destinations where we can get to fairly easily, for example, Phuket, Samui, Hua Hin and Krabi.
- Check out the various resorts that specialise in destination weddings and identify those that offer a sense of privacy for honeymooners.
- Keep a lookout for promotional rates for these resorts.
- Determine which airlines have resumed or are planning to resume flights, for instance, AirAsia, Malaysia Airlines, Thai Airways and Bangkok Airlines.
Other considerations :
- The capacity of the resorts and the number of guests you intend to invite.
- Time of year to host your celebration vis-à-vis weather conditions.
- Do you plan to fly in Malaysian vendors or would you rather appoint vendors at the destination. For the latter, be sure to do some research too on services offered.
Tip : Head to Tourism Authority Of Thailand to get the latest updates on travel SOPs to destinations in our neighbouring country.